We all want to save money, but it’s important to recognize when it’s time to hire a professional for your home improvement project.
Your roof is an important part of your home and taking proper care of it will extend the life of your roof. If your roof is starting to fail in one area, this could be a sign that the entire roofing system may be failing as well. You could be spending more money doing repair after repair rather than putting that money towards a new, quality roof. When in doubt, call a professional roofing contractor – (503) 397-2215.
Let’s face it, the majority of home improvement projects are not cheap projects and cutting cost where you can is important. Hiring a professional sounds expensive, but for some projects it may be more helpful to spend those extra dollars. Here are a few things to consider when deciding on a do-it-yourself roof repair project vs. hiring a professional contractor.
- Safety – A professional roofing contractor should always have the proper safety gear. Getting up on a roof let alone a ladder can be very dangerous for anyone without the proper training and tools to do so. Don’t put your own safety at risk if you are not comfortable.
- Proper equipment – Home improvement equipment can be costly and purchasing the required tools to perform the roof repair just adds up to more expense towards repairs that you could be putting towards a new roof.
- Knowledge & Expertise – A professional roofing contractor has the knowledge and expertise to handle roofing issues. Find out more about the company you hire by researching their CCB to find out how long they have been in business.
- Guarantee – Most roofing contractors will offer some sort of guarantee or warranty. If your contractor does not offer a guarantee upfront, ask for one! An honest and professional roofing contractor shouldn’t hesitate to offer one.
- Quality of Materials – If you hire a factory certified contractor, you know they have been trained by the manufacturer on what products to use and how to install so you are guaranteed quality materials and expert installation.
MCE Roofing is a family owned & operated business replacing roofs in the Portland Metro and Columbia County areas since 1994. We have the knowledge and expertise to get your job done right. Our crews are in-house factory trained and certified professional roofing technicians. Don’t hesitate to get your roofing project complete, call MCE Roofing today for a FREE thorough roof evaluation and attic inspection – (503) 397-2215.