There are a variety of reasons why you may need a roof replacement. Here are the top eight reasons why you may need a roof replacement.
8 Eight Signs Your Roof May Need Replacing
- Leakage in attic after wind-driven rain
Possible Cause: Leaky or inadequate shingle underlayment or deteriorated flashing
- Leakage in attic after ice build-up
Possible Cause: Inadequate shingle underlayment allows water from ice dams to leak into the attic
- Blistering and/or peeling of interior and/or exterior paint
Possible Cause: Excessive temperature or high humidity due to poor attic ventilation
- Stains on interior ceilings and walls or mold and mildew growth
Possible Cause: Inadequate or faulty shingle underlayment allowing leakage or inadequate ventilation
- Exterior decay, sheathing and/or siding
Possible Cause: Poor attic ventilation
- Missing, cracked or curled shingles
Possible Cause: Shingles have reached the end of their useful life
- Dark, “dirty-looking” areas on your roof
Possible Cause: Loss of granules due to age of shingles
- Excessive energy costs
Possible Cause: Insufficient attic ventilation causes heating/cooling system to run excessively.
If you have any questions or concerns about your roof’s condition, we’re here to help. We provide free thorough roof evaluations as well as an attic inspection. Give MCE a call at (503) 397-2215 or Fill Out Our Free Roofing Consultation Form.