Choosing the right contractor for your project is important. There are many contractors out there that offer similar services, but it’s important to consider many things before choosing a roofing contractor to work on your home. Your home is one of your biggest investments and to protect that investment, you don’t want just any contractor working on it.
So where do you start with your roof replacement? With everything being digital nowadays, the best way to research and look for a roofing contractor is online. After you have picked out a few companies, give them a call to schedule an estimate. We always recommend being home while the contractor is doing the estimate. This is because you have the opportunity to get your first impression, while also having the opportunity to ask questions, and allow the estimator to look in your attic for a thorough inspection.
Here are a few tips to help ensure you are making the right choice:
- Shop around – Get at least 2-3 bids. Each bid will vary, but it’s important to not only compare prices, but compare the scope of work and quality of materials.
- Ask neighbors and friends – Ask around for referrals from people you know.
- Research the company’s reputation and ask questions – How long have they been in business? What is their online reputation? Do they subcontract their installation crews?
- Verify their CCB – Find out if their CCB license is active and if they’ve had any complaints or fines in their history with the CCB or if they’ve had more than one CCB.
- Always have a contract – Having a written agreement is crucial in protecting both parties in any transaction. It is typical for a roofing contractor to ask for a deposit upfront, but be cautious for how much they’re asking for. If your contractor is asking for 50% or more before starting the project, this could be a red flag.
We pride ourselves in our no-pressure sales approach. We go above and beyond to create a long-lasting relationship with our customers and provide an educational experience during the estimating process. We provide free roof replacement estimates and ensure a thorough inspection of your ventilation system and roof condition. If you are curious about the cost of a roof replacement, give us a call at 503-397-2215.